Hi, I’m Seb. Welcome!
Whilst my wife and I are based in North Wales, UK we love to travel! Both locally and further afield using every day of my work allocated holiday!
Images taken on our travels cover every type of photography imaginable: landscape, wildlife, action, and portrait to name a few. It’s diverse but also challenging. Over the years we’ve visited many different destinations allowing me to perfect my travel photography skills.
If you’re interested in travel and photography, Capturing Travel is the place to be!
- I met Ieva in 2010, and we both prioritise travel over almost everything, and with that, my love for photography has grown.
- We moved from the South of England to North Wales in 2012, and to this day we’re still discovering the incredible landscapes North Wales has to offer.
- I started timelapse photography in 2016 and focused on this until 2019, I’ve included some examples below.
- In 2020 we got our Golden Retriever Sawyer, who became a key part of our lives and the focal point of almost every photo! However, we told ourselves that we would still make the most of travelling the world.
- In 2020 Ieva started somebodyfeedseb.com, this is when we branched out to food photography.
- The one aspect that has always stayed constant is travel photography and in 2020 I started selling images on Photo4me, being invited for an interview by their team. Companies such as Hurtigruten Expeditions have also started to use photos on their Instagram feed.
- In December 2022 we went on a trip of our lifetime to Antarctica, I’ve never researched a trip as much as I did for this one, in particular regarding photography. I couldn’t always find the information I needed and therefore decided to start a dedicated blog with tips and tricks on travel photography based on my experience of the destinations we’ve travelled to.
My photography philosophy
As per the title of the book by Chase Davis “The Best Camera: Is the One That’s With You“, this is the great thing about travel photography, it’s often the destination that makes the photo.
I’m a strong believer that you should be investing in your knowledge and skillset (and getting to your destination) as opposed to the most expensive camera gear. Yes, expensive gear may help, but first, you need to know how to use basic gear effectively.
So far, we’ve been to the following countries and have ambitions to visit many more! The destination forms the most important part of travel photography, and in my view should be prioritized over anything else, such as gear.
- Hong Kong
- St Maarten
- Dominican Republic
- St Lucia
- North America
- USA: New York
- South America
- and including with work…
- Austria, Germany, Sweden, South Korea, Russia, and Australia.
Then I started timelapse photography, which with a DLSR takes a lot of time and patience! Tripod, ND filters, thousands of photos and then a significant amount of post-processing! These were some of my favourites from North Wales and Hong Kong.
Sawyer: our golden retriever
We then got Sawyer in 2020! Our Golden Retriever! As you can imagine he very soon became the key focal point of almost every photo!
But enough about me!
Let’s talk about you! If you’re passionate about travel and are looking to improve your photography to get images you’re proud of, this is the place to be!
On Capturing Travel I will:
- Share destination-specific guides with real-world experience and examples.
- Share tips and tricks relevant to getting the most out of your photography gear.
- Share post-processing tips using Lightroom.
- Provide opinions on certain cameras and lenses suitable for travel photography.
- Composition tips to turn your holiday snaps into stand-out photos which could go on your wall.